From a PC
- Open a web browser and navigate to IP address 192.168.1.1
- You’ll be presented with the login for your router. Enter “admin” in the user field and “1234” in the password field.
- Upon initial login, you’ll be prompted to change the administrative password for your router. This is simply to log into the router and doesn’t affect your WiFi password.
- After applying your new administrative password, you’ll be presented with the Management WAN page. On the left-hand side of the page, you will find a blue menu bar. Click “Wireless LAN 2.4G”.
- You’ll be taken to the administrative section for the 2.4GHz band of your WiFi router. You can change the name that is displayed (SSID) and the password (pre-shared key) here. Some firmware version will have an option that needs unchecked above the Pre-Shared Key section, the option is labeled "generate password automatically" and will need to be UNCHECKED before you can change the WiFi password.
- After you’ve changed the information you’d like to change, click apply. The page will refresh. You’ll then want to go to “Wireless LAN 5G” and make changes there as well. We recommend that you append a band designation to the end of your 5GHz band’s SSID (i.e. MyNetworkName_5G). After you’ve applied your final changes, you can simply close your web browser.