A streaming device, is a piece of equipment that takes the streaming content from the Internet and plays it on your regular TV. Some of the popular streaming devices are Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Roku. Some gaming consoles can be used to stream content to your regular TV. All of these require an HDMI port on the TV for connection. Smart TVs have the streaming functionality built into them and do not require a streaming device.
Articles in this section
- What is a streaming device?
- How can I stream shows on my streaming device or Smart TV?
- Will I still need my cable tv box?
- Do I need a Smart TV to stream video?
- Can someone help me get my streaming device set up?
- If I buy a streaming device (such as an Amazon Fire TV Stick or Roku), is that a one-time cost or do I have to pay annually?
- Do I need a separate streaming device for each of my TVs?
- Can I use a streaming device with an older TV?